Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Help in Emergency Situations

Two years ago my father had a stroke while doing his daily morning walk. It's a blessing that some neighbors noticed him clasping his chest in pain and rushed him to a hospital. If not for the quick thinking of these neighbors, he would have suffered enormous damage to his brain. It's a good thing that he didn't suffer much and after only few therapy sessions you couldn't tell anymore that he had a stroke. My mother is doing a great job of monitoring my father's diet too. He had a total turn around from eating too fatty and too salty to low sodium and healthy dishes. But I still worry about not being around my parents at their old age. In emergency situations, I wish that a Lifeline AED would always come handy so my parents would still have protection even if my siblings and I are not around to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment