Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Shrimps In Coconut Milk

When I got married and came to US, I didn't know how to cook and I ran the phone bills calling my family in the Philippines to ask for recipes. My older sister on the other hand has a talent for cooking and baking and she can make a great chef! Here's one dish I learned from her over the phone. My sister told me to just eyeball the ingredients because that's the way she cooks, but I measured just the same so I can do it again next time, LOL.

SHRIMPS IN COCONUT MILK

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb of Shrimp with shell or tail on;
1 can of Coconut Milk;
1 can of Tomato Sauce;
1 tbsp of minced garlic;
1 tbsp of canola oil;
1/2 tsp of hot pepper flakes;
1/4 tsp of salt for the sauce and
1/4 tsp of salt to season the shrimp.

DIRECTIONS:

1. Season the shrimp with salt and set aside;
2. In medium heat, saute the garlic in canola oil until brown but not burnt;
3. Add the coconut milk and stir constantly until reduced to half;
4. Add the tomato sauce, pepper flakes and salt; stir constantly until the consistency is thick. 5. Add the shrimp and mix with the sauce, cover and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Don't overcook the shrimp.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mira.
    I´m a shrimp lover and this recipe of yours sounds awsome. Gotta see if I can find coconut milk in my next supermarket round. If I do I will sure try it!
    Good Monday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this Te Mir! it's one of my fave in seafoods, actually I like all seafoods but crabs, lobsters and shrims family are my fave! looks so yummy Te Mir!

    ReplyDelete