Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Friday, September 12, 2008

Food Friday - Mini Banana Muffins


I always buy banana and I slice some in my cereals every morning. But when I bought too much I always end up with overripe ones that I just make into banana bread or muffins. This one is a recipe for banana bread that I poured into mini muffin tray, I just shorten the baking time to avoid burning them up. This is one of my toddler's favorite afternoon snacks.

MINI BANANA MUFFINS



INGREDIENTS
2 cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 cup butter

3/4 cup brown sugar

2 eggs, beaten

2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas


DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 deg. F (175 deg. C). Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or a 24 hole mini muffin tray.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan or muffin tray

3. Bake in preheated oven to 60 to 65 minutes (in loaf pan) or 25 to 30 minutes (in mini muffin tray), until a tootpick inserted into center of the bread/muffin comes out clean. Let bread/muffin cool in a pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

4 comments:

  1. my youngest loves muffin, i will definitely try this. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I love bananas too! I will definitely try your recipe. My nephews are coming over this week end and I'm going to make them some banana muffins. I love baking something new in the kitchen and I'm now excited to try your recipe. I'm sure my nephews will going to love this because I once saw them eating some muffins and they named it "banana muffins"...they will be surprised if I made some real banana muffins for them this week end. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello mira,

    good evening........sarap ng recipe mo ngayon...ang dami mong mga loto na.

    Mira, please if you have time, can you visit me?
    I have something for you.
    hope you like it......

    thank you very much for your thoughtfulness......

    regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I always find the taste of banana very overpowering and sweet when I put it in cakes and bread. Do you have any tips to stop this or is it just because they have been cooked?

    ReplyDelete