Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, December 1, 2008

Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast

I prepared simple dishes this Thanksgiving Day. I didn't cook whole turkey anymore , I just opted to roast a three-pounder turkey breast instead. Both my husband and I love the breast anyway so it's just wise not to get a whole turkey that usually weighs 8 to 10 lbs. Every year I put different twists to the traditional Thanksgiving menu by using recipes from different chefs of Food TV Network. This year the main star of the dinner is from the recipe of Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa, she's one of my fave chefs on TV. Even if I only used a 3-lb turkey breasts, I still use the whole measurement of the herb mixture.

HERB-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST


INGREDIENTS
1 whole bone-in turkey breast, 6 1/2 to 7 lbs
1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
2 tsps dry mustard
1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 tsps kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 Tbsps good olive oil
2 Tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup dry white wine ( I replaced this with a cup of chicken broth)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 deg F. Place the turkey breast, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, mustard, herbs, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice to make a paste.
3. Loosen the skin from the meat gently with your fingers and smear half of the paste directly on the meat. Spread the remaining paste evenly on the skin. Pour the wine (broth) into the bottom of the roasting pan.
4. Roast the turkey for 1 3/4 to 2 hours, until the skin is golden brown and an instant read thermometer registers 165 deg F when inserted into the thickest and meatiest areas of the breast. If the skin is over-browning, cover the breast loosely with aluminum foil. When the turkey is don, cover with foil and allow it to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Slice and serve with the pan juices spooned over the turkey.

1 comment:

  1. looks good sis. ako rin, i get some of my recipes from food network ;)

    happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete