Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Friday, May 9, 2008

Tomatoes and Mozzarella Salad

I used to have herb garden in pots and and my most favorite that I always use is Basil. I always harvest Basil to include in my pasta and salad dishes. Now that warm and sunny weather is here once again, its about time to plant some herbs again. I have a very easy recipe of salad here that you will surely enjoy in the warm weather.

TOMATOES & MOZZARELLA SALAD (CAPRESE)
INGREDIENTS
2 to 3 ripe vine tomatoes
2 balls fresh mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
juice of one lemon (optional)

PROCEDURE:
1. Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella about the same size
2. Drizzle with olive oil
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
4. For a twist - Mix lemon and oil with salt and pepper to make a vinaigrette
5. Pour on the tomatoes


No comments:

Post a Comment