Ham is a staple food on every family's dinner table during the holidays and it was one of the featured dishes I served during an annual get-together with friends. There is a popular brand called Honey Baked Ham which is very expensive but I settled on this local brand from Costco which was four times cheaper. In line with my goal to continue being frugal this year, I came to realize that cheaper does not always mean poor quality. With this ham you can't really tell the difference and everybody liked it.
The ham is fully cooked so you will just basically heat it through. It is recommended by USDA that pre-cooked ham should be reheated to an internal temperature of 140 deg F
Heating the ham:
1. Preheat oven to 325 deg. F
2. Remove all packaging materials (including clear 'button' on bone of ham). Ham should be cooked flat/face side down in open, shallow roasting pan. Do not cover.
3. Bake at 325 deg F for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or approximately 8 minutes per pound
4. Remove from oven and increase oven temperature to 425 deg F.
5. Brush or spoon prepared glaze (procedure at the bottom) over ham and between slices.
6. Return to oven 8 to 10 minutes. Remove ham and serve.
Glaze - there is a packet of glaze mixture that comes with the ham package. Just pour it in a sauce pan with 3 Tbsps of water on low fire. Stir constantly until totally dissolved.