Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Donating to Charities

I spent half of the day yesterday going through my son's closet and drawers of clothes. He's got tons of clothes that he must have worn once or twice only but unluckily don't fit him anymore. I've bagged three big garbage bags of used pj's, long sleeves, shorts, jeans, active wear tops and bottoms, overalls, winter clothes, blac label clothing including sandals, sneakers and boots. I bagged a lot of old toys too. My son sometimes has a hard time parting ways with his toys but when I showed him pictures of less fortunate children from the Philippines, he agreed to give the toys that he doesn't play with anymore which is really sweet. It's good to teach kids compassion at a young age. I planned to donate them to charity this time, instead of handing them down to friends. I know my friends can afford to buy these things anyway, there are a lot of people who can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment