Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tuna Cakes

Yesterday while planning our lunch, I felt like using whatever canned goods I have in the pantry instead of thawing meat and slicing veggies. I wanted a quickie meal for my 'two' hungry boys. One of the staples I have in my pantry is Tuna in can, then I also have a pack of stuffing mix left over from Thanksgiving Day. I thought I could make a dish out of them so I checked my fave Kraft Foods website for tuna recipe and found this very easy Tuna Cakes. I was glad I've got the other ingredients in my fridge like shredded cheese, mayonnaise and pickle relish too so I didn't have to make a trip to the store anymore. So here's what we had for lunch and they didn't last long. I ate it with steamed rice, but hb ate it as appetizer.

TUNA CAKES





INGREDIENTS:
2 cans (6 oz. each) light tuna in water, drained, flaked
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
3/4 cup water
1 carrot, shredded
1/3 cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Sweet Pickle Relish


DIRECTION:
1. Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate 10 min.
2. Heat
large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Use ice cream scoop to add 1/3-cup portions of tuna mixture, in batches, to skillet.
3. Flatten into patties with back of spatula. Cook 6 min. or until golden brown on both sides, carefully turning patties over after 3 min.

Source: Kraftfoods.com

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good, I've never made tuna cakes before, only crab cakes. But this recipe sounds like a great lunch and its so easy!

    ReplyDelete