Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Family Comes First

There are many moms I know, myself included, who have sidetracked careers in favor of raising a family. It is a lot of sacrifice to lose one source of income especially in the present economy when security of tenure seems to be very shaky as well. I'm blessed to have a husband who can afford to let me be a stay-at-home mom rather than juggle work and family. But at the back of my mind, when my son is already in school, I still want to pursue one of those admin careers in the corporate world. I was in the middle of reviewing for the CPA board exams when my son came, so I'd say my promising career was abruptly interrupted. But I don't have any regret putting everything aside in favor of raising a family, I would not do it differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment