Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Friday, June 5, 2009

Keeping Rugs Clean

Even if I will start the day wearing a pair of slippers, for some reasons I will end up walking around the house barefooted again. When I sit on the sofa or in a bar stool, I normally remove the slippers then I will forget to put them back on before I get up. I guess I'm more relaxed walking in the house barefooted except in the kitchen where we have cold terracota floor tiles.

It's good that I've got area
rugs in every spot I frequent like the area of the sink, oven, fridge, dishwasher and the doors to the deck and garage; they keep my feet warm. Since the rugs get a lot of foot traffic I always keep them clean and allergen-free by vacuuming them daily. And also since my little tot would sometimes sit or play on the rugs too, unless there are spills that I need to address right away; I run them in the washer every two weeks and air dry them on the deck. I've got a lot of nice rugs with the skid-free rubber ruined in the dryer so as much as possible I refrain from drying them there.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog… you can find more Modern Rugs from spacify, which can be used to decorate your home.

    ReplyDelete