Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Healthy Smoothie

I love to make smoothies out of my frozen fruits. I make them by itself or mix them with other fruits. These smoothies are power boosters that help to keep me going during the day. I want to share a very simple and quick way of making strawberry smoothie. This is my take to a refreshing and healthy smoothie.

STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup frozen strawberries

1/2 of a banana
1/2 cup whole milk*
1/2 cup whole milk plain yogurt*
1 tbsp honey*
(*For a healthier twist - use low fat or non-fat milk and reduce honey to a tsp)

DIRECTION:
1. Just mix everything together in a blender until smooth. Add more milk if you want it thinner. For my son who also loves to have some for breakfast, I use whole milk and a little bit more for thinner texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment