Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Friday, April 24, 2009

My Sister Is Great in the Kitchen

My sister is great in the kitchen, she took after my mom's. I however, didn't learn how to cook till I got married, mainly out of necessity ;-). If I lived in the Philippines where I am originally from I would have hired a helper to do all chores including cooking. But since I am in US where a helper would have cost me an arm and a leg, it is just close to impossible. Anyway, back to my sister. Her talent for cooking is innate and she's the official food planner when there are occasions to celebrate in the household. She's also very entrepreneurial. I remember helping her with her orders of baked goodies for Christmas, the most popular of which is "Food for the Gods." Well I didn't help her bake, I just helped in wrapping, packaging and marketing. She would always get tons of orders every year, she could have put up her own bakery. She could have ordered custom rubber stamps to label her boxes if she made her hobby into serious business. But of course having her own family and also a full time job got in the way of her baking hobby. So she only bakes when she gets the time. I am also very entrepreneurial so the bakery idea is still in the back of my mind. Maybe someday my sister and I could be partners in this endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment