Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pasta Primavera Alfredo

When I checked my chiller the other day, I saw a couple of bunches of broccoli and few pieces of carrots. I thought I could make some salad before they go bad. But I remember seeing a pasta dish that uses veggies in a magazine so I thought maybe I could try that one. It is called Pasta Primavera Alfredo, a meatless pasta dish that looked very easy and yummy. I thought my hb wouldn't like it because it doesn't have meat but seemed to not mind, all he said was it's very interesting. My little son loved the carrots because they were crisp and sweet. I sliced the carrots thinly using mandoline slicer.

PASTA PRIMAVERA ALFREDO

INGREDIENTS
3/4 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
3 cups small broccoli florets
3 carrots (3/4 lb), cut into thin slices
4 oz. (1/2 of 8 oz.pkg) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
1 cup milk
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder

DIRECTIONS:
1. Cook spaghetti in large saucepan as directed on package, adding vegetables to the boiling water the last 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile cook remaining ingredients in saucepan on medium low heat until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally.
3. Drain spaghetti mixture; return to pan. Add sauce; toss to coat.

Yield - Makes 6 servings (1 1/3 cups each)
Source: Kraft Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment